Subject: gaah -- snapshot install problem
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Erik Rungi <rungus@openface.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 07/28/1997 08:36:55
Hullo.

I just installed the NetBSD-1.2G snapshot on a 486 box I have lying
around, 'cause I want to check out what's new.

To make a short story shorter, the kernel in the kern12G.tar.gz file
wouldn't boot on my machine because the hardware detect phase seemed to
hang at the mcd driver looking for a Mitsumi CD ROM at exactly the same
address/IRQ as my trusty NE2000 clone ethernet card (ed2 seems to share
the same I/O & IRQ for the snapshot kernel).

Ok, admittedly I didn't wait very long for timeouts or other such messages
(probably less than 5 minutes).

Anyway I figured that if this is actually a valid problem then somebody
should probably know about it.

EJR
--
Erik Rungi