Subject: Re: Telnet wierdness
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul Newhouse <newhouse@wanker.nas.nasa.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 07/24/1997 14:47:40
mjacob@feral.com wrote:
>Paul- I also had this problem on mother recently, and I traced it
>to the first entry in resolv.conf being bogus.

I hadn't thought of that ... but, my resolv.conf looks ok.

christos@nyc.deshaw.com wrote:

>Have you populated /dev with ptys?

Good point but, yes.

seebs@solon.com wrote:
>I get something a lot like that; we have a term server which will, 50%
>of the time, do
>The rest of the time it works fine.  You can just sit and retry and it will
>eventually work.

OH YUMMMY!!! I was hoping not to here that  *8^).

I tried this 50 times in quick succession and they all failed.
I do get a slightly different message or is that a petty difference
between ports?

   Connection closed by foreign host.
versus your
   Closing connection 1.

Further details:

I have two sessions open with the box.  These connections
were made BEFORE any updating from 1.2.1 to -current.  They
still function correctly.  It's new connections that fail

........ ummmm I betthis is an incompatibility between
kernels since I just realizied I'm not RUNNING -current

Paul