To: None <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Andrew Brown <codewarrior@daemon.org>
List: current-users
Date: 07/20/1997 22:40:51
> From: Jason Thorpe
> > On 19 Jul 1997 00:15:38 +0200
> > joda@pdc.kth.se (Johan Danielsson) wrote:
>
> > Would it be possible to add some kind of more intelligent subject to
> > the source-changes mail? `NetBSD master CVS tree commits' does not say
> > very much. How about sticking the common prefix of all check-ins to
> > the subject. This will make it a lot easier to weed out all the vax
> > and vi and whatnot stuff that I'm *so* interested in. :-)
>
>Commit messages are gathered and mailed every 10 minutes, to cut
>down on the number of messages that land in someone's mailbox.
>
>In order to do what you suggest, it could seriously bloat the _number_
>of messages that a person gets.

um...how 'bout just adding a source-changes-verbose list (with the
annotated subject line) where each commit generated a message?  leave
the current list alone, since it works fine already...

that might make people happy.  or would that be just "too much mail"
generated on homeworld?

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|
andrew@echonyc.com (TheMan)        * "ah!  i see you have the internet