Subject: Build errors
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Joachim Thiemann <joachim@colba.net>
List: current-users
Date: 07/13/1997 16:11:34
Hello,

I have two compilation errors, one when building world and one when
trying to compile the kernel. All sources were sup'd a few hours ago.

The kernel problem is a bit more pressing to me. After I did a make
clean, rebuilding the kernel gives me:

making sure the kern library is up to date...
building standard kern library
nm: cannot read __main.o: No such file or directory
ld: __main.o: No such file or directory

This even though there IS a file __main.o (readable) in lin/libkern.
I did update make, ld and nm.

Doing a 'make UPDATE=1 build' in /usr/src fails on csh:

===> bin/csh
cc -O -I/usr/src/bin/csh -I. -DBUILTIN -DFILEC -DNLS -DSHORT_STRINGS  -Werror -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes  -c /usr/src/bin/csh/../../usr.bin/printf/printf.c
cc1: warnings being treated as errors
/usr/src/bin/csh/../../usr.bin/printf/printf.c: In function `progprintf':
/usr/src/bin/csh/../../usr.bin/printf/printf.c:216: warning: implicit declaration of function `warnx'

Near as I can tell, `warnx' is defined in usr.bin/printf/printf.c, but
only if SHELL is defined, and I can't see csh defining SHELL anywhere.

Any suggestions?

BTW, this is on a sparc, but I guess it is not platform-specific...

Joe.