Subject: Re: Compiling "cdrecord" on Sparc Netbsd
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
List: current-users
Date: 07/13/1997 01:45:23
maillist alias for CWW <netbsd@hopf.math.purdue.edu> wrote:
> I'm trying to get this to work on a Yamaha CDR400TX and a sparc IPX.
> I got the mkisofs part to work by importing gnu m4 and gnu autoconf
> and producing a "configure" script.
>
> The ingredients for this type of thing were not provided in the
> cdrecord directory. I've gradually gotten all of it to compile
> cleanly except for the file scsi_bsd.c.

Well, after copying RULES/i386-netbsd-cc.rul to RULES/sparc-netbsd-cc.rul,
doing a "./Gmake" did the job for me on a friend's IPC running 1.2.1.
The binary didn't recognize the Philips CD2000 as such then (using
/dev/scgx as a symlink to /dev/cd0c), reading a (full) CD's TOC (-toc)
was not possible, and i didn't want to waste a empty CD with the binary
then.

A friend has contacted the author about it, but i don't know about
any replies.

Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>