Subject: Re: are -current kernels ok?
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Matthias Drochner <drochner@zelux6.zel.kfa-juelich.de>
List: current-users
Date: 07/10/1997 21:01:19
Excerpts from netbsd: 10-Jul-97 Re: are -current kernels ok? Jason
Thorpe@nas.nasa.go (1365)

> ...and at the time that vfs_mountroot() is called, proc0 is the only
> process that exists... and proc0.p_addr is initialized by that time
> in machine-dependent code, as well!  What is the value of proc0paddr
> when the system crashes?

I just found that there I got indeed an inconsistency into
my tree: "struct proc" increased by 4 bytes with the recent
locking changes, and "assym.h" was not remade for whatever
reason. So struct proc->p_addr was not hit in locore, resulting
in the crash.

Sorry for any confusion

Matthias