Subject: Problems with TCP-based NFS mounts hanging
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul J. Lavoie <root@ilx.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/26/1997 14:24:58
Hello.

I was wondering if anyone has been using TCP mounts under NetBSD, and having a
problem with the mount occasionally hanging (nfs server: not responding) in
perpetuity, even though other mounts to the same machine and the particular
mount still working on other systems. If anyone has any ideas on how to track
this down, or a proposed solution, I would love to hear about it - this is a
minor disappointment.

This is under NetBSD 1.2 & current on i386. The problem had been noted under
FreeBSD 2.2.2 as well. The NFS server was tried on another NetBSD box (current
and 1.2), as well as a Network Appliance server, so it would seem to be
something with the client code...

Thanks in advance.

-pjl

Paul J. Lavoie		pjl@ilx.com		(212) 510-3029
ILX Systems, Inc.	111 Fulton St		New York, NY  10038