Subject: Re: Kernel compile problem...
To: D. Jay Newman <jay@sprucegrove.com>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/25/1997 14:10:22
"D. Jay Newman" writes:
> I haven't been able to compile a new kernel in about a week. When I
> finish the make (after I do a make depend), I get the following result:
>
> ld -z -Ttext F8100000 -e start -S -o netbsd ${SYSTEM_OBJ} vers.o
> kern_subr.o: Undefined symbol `_dumpspec' referenced from text segment
> kern_subr.o: Undefined symbol `_dumpspec' referenced from text segment
> *** Error code 1

Rebuild config!

In general, whenever upgrading after a long while, rebuild config,
make, sh, and the toolchain (gcc, gas, etc.)

BTW, if you haven't been paying attention since before the swapctl
change (obviously the case) you are going to be in big trouble when
you boot that kernel if you haven't set a primary swap partition in
/etc/fstab!

Perry