Subject: HP scanjet5p, PINT and Kodak dc120 for grins
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rob Healey <rob-healey@norstar.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/24/1997 10:44:48
Hi,

	I tried to get an HP Scanjet 5p going under -current yesterday
	by trying the same procedure used for the 4p, i.e. just add
	some string compares to autoconf and cross fingers that it works.

	Well, it successfully ID'd the scanner but when it tried to set
	some initial stuff in the config routine it locked the SCSI bus
	solid. B^(.

	Has anybody gotten a HP scanjet 5p to work with the current ss
	and ss_scanjet driver? It there someplace I can get the escape
	codes and programming info for the 5p?

	While I'm shooting in the dark, does anybody have the serial
	protocol used by the Kodak dcXXX series of digital cameras? Judging
	by a flash update I pushed in to it, strings is your friend, it's
	running an emmbedded version of MessyDog and uses stock rs232
	serial at 9600,19.2,38.4,57.6,115 and 230K. Looks like a binary
	protocol from the simple terminal hookup I did to the driver software
	under windoze. I signed up for the Kodak developer area but all that
	is is a bunch of Wintel/Mac API librarys, the good stuff is
	hidden in the Kodak librarys provided. B^(.

	Any info on either of the two subjects would be appreciated!

	-Rob