Subject: Re: mounting non-BSD partitions.
To: der Mouse <mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca>
From: Ted Lemon <mellon@hoffman.vix.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/20/1997 13:55:13
> The i386 port is odd in that it has two levels of partitioning;

Hm.   Having read this paragraph, it occurred to me that it might be a
mistake to try to solve the DOS partition problem with a single
partition table - it might make more sense to have two levels of
partitioning that are recognized by the i386 kernel.   If you have a
drive that's got a DOS partition and a NetBSD partition, perhaps it
would be addressable as /dev/sd0* and /dev/sd1*, where sd0* would be
the first partition in the DOS table, and sd1 would be the second.
I'm not saying this would be the precise implementation - I can see a
lot of problems with what I just described - but something along these
lines might be a good solution.

			       _MelloN_