Subject: NFS directories w' no permissions
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris Jones <cjones@rupert.honors.montana.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 06/19/1997 11:57:29
In recent weeks, I've started messing around with NFS, and I'm getting
some weird behavior from my i386 and mac68k boxes.  When I export a
directory via NFS, with a line like:

/foo/src -ro -maproot=root rupert caesar khan

I can mount it from another machine (say, rupert), also running
NetBSD.  However, when I try something basic like a "ls -d" on the
mount point, I get a "ls: /mnt: Permission denied".  Similarly, any
operation I try on the mounted filesystem fails with permission
denied.  I can unmount it, but that's it.  This basically destroys all
the functionality of NFS for me, and I haven't been able to find a
combination of options that fixes it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

Chris Jones                                    cjones@rupert.honors.montana.edu