Subject: Re: more -current error
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 06/17/1997 09:07:23
> You are almost certainly losing in the ncr driver, here... if you have
> the spare resources, you might try a buslogic or adaptec pci scsi controller.
>
> Geez, I wish I could find the time to rototill that 53c810 driver.

I wish the driver was solid, too.  Although it's been working fine for me
for quite some time now, it feels bad when the only solution for SCSI
problems is "try all the controllers available, maybe one will work on
your system" ;-)  The NCR cards are much cheaper than adaptecs (at least
here), so having a reliable driver for them would be a Good Thing.  (Gee,
why is SCSI so complex.. :)

  -jm

--

                       1503 kHz @ 22:30 EET DST Mon-Fri