Subject: Re: copyright issue
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Justin T. Gibbs <gibbs@plutotech.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/14/1997 11:52:47
>The NetBSD Foundation was completely prepared to comply fully with
>the license.  Mr. Demetriou _offered_ a waiver.

This makes little difference in my mind.  The NetBSD Foundation
chose to accept the waiver instead of complying.  If the license
is so fair as to "only require credit where credit is due" (as has
been repeatedly asserted on this list), it seems contrary to the
to the spirit of the project to not credit its contributors in the
fashion they desire if it is feasible, under the original license
terms, to do so.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations