Subject: Re: copyright questions
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@core.de>
List: current-users
Date: 06/14/1997 10:02:06
> So.. with the CDROM example, I would be required to
> print The Acknowledgment regardless of whether I mentioned it ran
> on the Alpha.  Therefore, if I submitted an ethernet driver with the
> same license, I would be required to attribute that as well, even
> though I don't mention it on the cover.  I can't believe that the
> attributions for very many developers would fit on the front/back of
> a CDROM.

 Actually, as a maintainer of on of the few CD-ROMs available for NetBSD,
I asked this question myself when this copyright issue came up.

 Currently I believe all I could do is printing something like "Please
read the file COPYRIGHT on the CD-ROM for Acknowledgment and Copyright
terms of NetBSD." - and still fail, because I probably would not be
able to trace all submitters and copyright holders, no more than the
standard Copyright-files in the NetBSD-distribution are already mentioning.

--
Markus Illenseer