Subject: Re: copyright questions
To: Jim Wise <jimw@numenor.turner.com>
From: Ted Lemon <mellon@hoffman.vix.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/13/1997 22:02:10
> That is an opinion about which it is evident that there is much
> disagreement. That is why this discussion is necessary, and why, IMHO,
> it should have taken place before the license changes took effect.

This discussion has involved a variety of people asserting that the
change is big, and a variety of other people asserting that it is not.
As such, it has accomplished little.   I don't think anybody who came
into the discussion thinking one thing has come out of it thinking
another.

> This is the exact reason why the change should have been
> discussed prior to its taking effect, and whether Core decided rightly
> or not, they could have benefited from today's discussion.

How, by being bored to tears?

> If you are suggesting that no issue should be raised on
> current-users which could result in disagreement, then I, for one,
> fail to see the point of this list at all.

The point of this list is for people who are using NetBSD-current to
be able to ask questions pertaining to the performance of
NetBSD-current and get informative answers.

> I think the most positive thing to come out of this discussion is a
> strong agreement that such documentation (and perhaps a forum for the
> discussion thereof) is necessary.

That isn't a product of this discussion - it's been agreed that this
is the right thing to do for a long time.   NetBSD core members and
developers have been talking about it for quite some time now.

			       _MelloN_