Subject: Re: copyright questions
To: Phil Knaack <flipk@idea.exnet.iastate.edu>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 06/13/1997 20:38:56
Phil Knaack writes:

>        As I told Jonathan in private mail, this is categorically NOT true.
>
>        I resprect Chris' efforts and feel that he benefits the NetBSD
>project.  My disagreement was on the license ALONE, and NOTHING else.
>Chris has answered my concerns to my satisfaction, and I decided the
>middle of this afternoon to drop the thread.
>
>        I would urge others who would follow Stone's lead and distort
>what I have said to follow suit .. and DROP this thread.  I will say
>nothing more about it.

I _thought_ I'd written ``almost so many words''. The ``almosst'' was
missing.  I apologise, sincerely and without reservation, for that
mistake.

I also quote the following message from Phil Knaack.  I do not believe
anything here is quoted out of context.  I think it says, _very
clearly_ that Chris' copyright hurts the NetBSD project.

It says in almost so many words that, on the issue of Chris' new
copyright.  Chris is working *against* the NetBSD project and *for*
his own personal benefit (Phils words, my emphasis).
Indeed, I cannot see what else it is meant to say.

If that doesn't count as saying Chris is ``trying to work against
NetBSD'' (my words), then I don't know what does.

Phil, if I've misinterpreted anything, please show me where I've
misunderstood your message, and you will get a further, full, and
public apology.

On the other hand, I am clearly not the only one who has found a
similar message in what you've written.

Phil, no flames, please: what's the big difference you see between
what I wrote, and what you said?

--------