Subject: Re: copyright questions
To: None <dg@root.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 06/13/1997 15:45:51
On Fri, 13 Jun 1997 15:28:02 -0700
 David Greenman <dg@root.com> wrote:

 >    What I personally would rather have seen Chris do is simply a Berkeley-style
 > copyright with an additional clause: "This software may not be used in any
 > form in 'OpenBSD' or any other product of Theo de Raadt", since this is
 > clearly Chris's real intention.

As a member of Core, I strongly objected to that idea when it was suggested.
Specifically stating in a license that a person or a group of people are
not allowed to use a piece of software, as an integral part of the license,
is directly contrary to the goals of The NetBSD Project, and such a license
would never be allowed in the tree.