Subject: Re: copyright questions
To: Wolfgang Solfrank <ws@kurt.tools.de>
From: Charles M. Hannum <mycroft@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 06/13/1997 17:54:17
Wolfgang Solfrank writes:

> Hmm, while I can understand your thoughts, it leaves a bit of sour
> gripe with me.  It reminds me of your failure to (as the release
> engineer) acknowledge all the contributors in the Legal Mumbo-Jumbo
> in the 1.0 release...

FWIW, to the best of my knowledge he did include every attribution
which was legally required -- and indeed this was his stated (to me)
goal at the time.  However, I did not (and do not) believe this is
even close to the `spirit', and I objected (and object) strongly to
what he did (despite that I was listed anyway).

However, that bridge has already been burned, and it's too late to do
anything about it now.