Subject: Re: copyright questions
To: None <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/13/1997 14:50:28
Jason R. Thorpe wrote:

> ...not really.  The license specifically states that the author can
> be contacted if a party has needs that make the license a PITA.

So what is the point of the license?  Give everyone except ....BSD
an exception?  IMHO it shouldn't be necessary to get a raffle
of exceptions inorder to print an advertisement.  But... certainly
the author is entitled to license it however they want to.  I'm
simply questioning whether it is really inline with "encouraging
commercial use", or "discouraging commercial use."

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | This space left blank
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | inadvertently.