Subject: Re: copyright issue
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>
List: current-users
Date: 06/13/1997 20:37:56
Justin T. Gibbs <gibbs@plutotech.com> wrote:

> A brief look at www.NetBSD.org shows that many pages do not conform to
> CGD's new license.  From what I understand of clause 2, almost every page
> on the site should include the following:
>
> 	This product includes software developed by
> 	Christopher G. Demetriou for the NetBSD Project.
>
> If the license is to be enforced, it should be enforced unilaterally.

Are you serious or did you only forgot smiley ?

I see you are just going to offend Chris. Please stop it. I don't
like you to throw dirt at person who done really lot for NetBSD
project and hopefully (if he won't get dissapointed by assertions
like yours) he will do a lot in future too. It's just his own
desition how his code's license looks like and what he wants to
enforce.  If you don't like his license, contact Chris - I would
bet he would listen to you and change the license for you if there
would be any need for it.  It's definitely his code and it's definitely
his right to give code under any license he wants. We would be glad
he didn't take GPL ;-)

Man, can you understand the license is for people who _don't ask
Chris for anything else_, people who just steal his code w/o mention
of his work at all ? How _you_ would feel in such a case ? You say:
okay, someone stealt everything from my house, but never mind,
let's leave doors open next time again. The thief won't be so rude
to come to me second time.

Did _you_ write any very good code and gave it for free
for general use instead of selling ? What the hell you thing
one can have from it besides fun from writing and a credit ?

I support Chris. He has done the thing I would do in his position too.

jd

P.S. please stop this duscussion; it's far far away from beeing relevant
	and far from being usable by any way
--
Jaromir Dolecek             	ICS MU, Botanicka 68A, Brno, 60200, Czech Rep.
dolecek@ics.muni.cz			Tel.: +42-5-4151 2266