Subject: Re: ext2fs is in the tree
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Peter Svensson <petersv@df.lth.se>
List: current-users
Date: 06/11/1997 19:21:56
On Wed, 11 Jun 1997, Jason Thorpe wrote:

> NetBSD can do:
>
> 	all async
> 	sync metadata, async data   <- default
> 	all sync

Neat! :-)

One thing I have wondered: under solaris with an async-mounted filesystem,
a crash leads to major corruption. Under Linux with a similar load a crash
leads to a few files in lost+found. (The solaris crashes were due to a vme
glitch, freezing the computer, the linux one was artificial (i.e.
pull-the-plug). I have not dared try this on our netbsd-systems, as we
have no spare ones which could take over while cleaning up. The question
is: how bad will ffs be after a crach while async-mounted?

Peter