Subject: soundblaster & isapnp
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: maximum entropy <entropy@zippy.bernstein.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/11/1997 13:18:53
Hi,

I recently got a Soundblaster AWE64.  I applied the patch posted here
recently by billc@warped.com, and put it in my config file thus:

isapnp0 at isa?
sb*     at isapnp?
joy*    at isapnp?

Now this sort of works...the card is detected, the joystick works, and
high DMA works (I tested this by installing the FreeBSD realaudio
player).

Under DOS, I discovered that low DMA wasn't working for some reason
when the drq was set to 1.  I fixed this in DOS by running the CTCU
program that came with the card...I selected Configuration 1 instead
of 0, and changed the Low DMA to drq 0.  All is well under DOS... but
under NetBSD I get:

isapnp0 at isa0 port 0x279: read port 0x207
sb0 at isapnp0 port 0x220/16,0x330/2,0x388/4 irq 5 drq 1,5

...and Low DMA audio doesn't work because the drq selected by isapnp
is 1.

I tried changing the config entry to:

sb*     at isapnp? drq 0,5

but that just gave me a syntax error.  Is there a "right" way to do
this, or am I just encountering a bug?

thanks,
entropy