Subject: Re: 'othersrc/cvs' doesn't install
To: current-users <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: current-users
Date: 06/10/1997 20:34:15
At 19:01 Uhr +0200 10.06.1997, Scott Reynolds wrote:
>As for the larger issue of including texinfo (or at least parts of it) in
>the distribution, I can't really comment.
>
>--scott

Well, as I mentioned, the vanilla cvs-1.9 distribution installs cleanly
*without* texinfo. I tried to install texinfo a while ago but it wouldn't
build, and I don't really need it otherwise (I don't do TeX).

Looks like whoever integrated cvs has actively broken the distribution by
ripping out the info files. -- That was actually the reason behind my
question: A lot of GNU tools have had their info docs ripped out when they
were integrated into the NetBSD distribution with no satisfactory
replacement. E.g., you simply cannot get Taylor UUCP up and running without
its info docs.

If this is 'official' NetBSD policy, I'd very much like to hear the
reason(s) for it.

	hauke