Subject: Re: Flakiness in build
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Martin Cernohorsky <cerno@ics.muni.cz>
List: current-users
Date: 06/10/1997 14:20:36
On Jun 9, 16:53, Wolfgang Rupprecht wrote:
> Subject: Re: Flakiness in build
>
> rickb@iaw.on.ca (Rick Byers) writes:
> > I've been noticing some "flakiness" when building recently.  For example,
> > I occasionally get "cc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal
> > signal 10", and signal 11 (bus error and segmentation fault).

I've encountered the same behavior this night on my i386  %-(

> Did you by any change just add some DRAM, or started running your cpu
> above rated speed?
>
> A friend that bought some cut-rate DRAMs saw exactly this sort of
> behavior.  Things would mostly be ok, but compiles would fail with
> intermittent off-the-wall gripes.  Replacing the newly acquired junk
> DRAM with good Micron DRAM cured the problem.

Hmm, is there any possibility to verify the function of the upper part
of the RAM simpler way than physically removing the DRAM in question
(i. e. something like configuring the size of the RAM during boot
time)?

Thanx,
					cerno

--
Martin Cernohorsky
Institute of Computer Science

* .sig 1.2a * init: The system is going to lunch. Please wait.