Subject: Re: perl in tree ?
To: Brett Lymn <blymn@baea.com.au>
From: Andrew Brown <codewarrior@daemon.org>
List: current-users
Date: 06/10/1997 00:35:39
> From: Brett Lymn
>
>>According to Jaromir Dolecek:
>>
>>Are there any plans of integrating perl5 into tree ? Or is it
>>supposed to be too big to be standard part of system ?
>
>Or, more likely, the copyright may cause a problem.  FWIW Perl_5.004
>built straight out of the box for me with 100% of tests passed :-)

but it won't if you have bind 8.1 installed.  8.1, by default,
installs itself in /usr/local (since it *can't* make shared lib
corrections yet) and the file /usr/local/include/arpa/inet.h contains
a whole bunch of defines that will make the socket tests fail due to
undefined symbol "___inet_aton".

but yes, otherwise it builds right out of the box.  i only wish i
didn't have to sit there and coax it along...

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|
andrew@echonyc.com (TheMan)        * "ah!  i see you have the internet