Subject: building ranlib
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Erik Bertelsen <erik@sockdev.uni-c.dk>
List: current-users
Date: 06/09/1997 11:28:15
I have the following problem when building ranlib on a current
i386. On a mac68k it works correctly ?!?!?

The failure is caused by compiling ar's misc.c instead of
ranlib's own. I don't know why, but I suspect recent PATH
changes to the Makefiles.

Is this a problem in my setup or is it general -- it has existed
at least a couple of weeks, and I don't recall having seen other
persons complain about this.

regards
Erik Bertelsen

cc -O -I/sw/NetBSD/src/usr.bin/ranlib
-I/sw/NetBSD/src/usr.bin/ranlib/../ar  -Werror  -c
/sw/NetBSD/src/usr.bin/ranlib/../ar/archive.c
cc -O -I/sw/NetBSD/src/usr.bin/ranlib
-I/sw/NetBSD/src/usr.bin/ranlib/../ar  -Werror  -c
/sw/NetBSD/src/usr.bin/ranlib/build.c
cc -O -I/sw/NetBSD/src/usr.bin/ranlib
-I/sw/NetBSD/src/usr.bin/ranlib/../ar  -Werror  -c
/sw/NetBSD/src/usr.bin/ranlib/../ar/misc.c
cc -O -I/sw/NetBSD/src/usr.bin/ranlib
-I/sw/NetBSD/src/usr.bin/ranlib/../ar  -Werror  -c
/sw/NetBSD/src/usr.bin/ranlib/touch.c
cc   -o ranlib archive.o build.o misc.o ranlib.o touch.o
build.o: Undefined symbol `_emalloc' referenced from text segment
build.o: Undefined symbol `_emalloc' referenced from text segment
build.o: Undefined symbol `_emalloc' referenced from text segment
misc.o: Undefined symbol `_envtmp' referenced from text segment
misc.o: Undefined symbol `_envtmp' referenced from text segment
misc.o: Undefined symbol `_envtmp' referenced from text segment
misc.o: Undefined symbol `_envtmp' referenced from text segment
*** Error code 1