Subject: README: changes to ISP driver
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 06/07/1997 23:47:34
Hi folks...

I have just committed changes a few changes to the ISP driver:

	- Don't allocate mailbox storage in the softc.  Rather, allow
	  the front-ends to allocate the mailbox storage in a way
	  that makes sense for them.  This required a slight internal
	  interface change.

	- Sbus front-end - update for the above change.

	- PCI front-end - update for above change.  Also, convert to
	  use the new bus_dma subsystem.  This greatly simplifies
	  the DMA setup routine, and deals with potential lossage
	  in the mailbox setup routine.  Also, since bus_dmamap_load()
	  compacts adjacent segments, this deals with a TODO item
	  in the PCI front-end.

Changes are tested on an AlphaServer 8200 with PCI ISP interfaces.  The
Sbus version is compiled, but not actually booted.  I don't anticipate
any problems with it, however.

If you encounter any problems, please send-pr(1) them, and I'll deal with
them ASAP.

Ciao.