Subject: Re: README: New bus dma framework committed to NetBSD-current
To: None <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@core.de>
List: current-users
Date: 06/07/1997 09:16:01
> This has been _several_ months of very hard work... I have been working
> on the API spec since last year, and actively coding on the project
> since mid-Februrary.  There were many issues to consider in the design
> and implementation of the subsystem, and I must say, I'm very happy with
> the way it turned out.  I am not aware of any other free OS that has done
> anything like this before, and very few, if any, commercial OSes have done
> it to this scale, if at all.

 I would not only like to appreciate the tremendious work, but send
congratulations to you and the test-team.

 Of course there is a question which immediately arises when speaking of
new bus-systems: How does it affiliate the other ports (which for instance
do not rely on ISA for example) and what about integration of new
technologies such as high speed bus systems like AGP?

--
Markus Illenseer