Subject: Re: ftp & account expire
To: Dave Burgess <burgess@cynjut.neonramp.com>
From: Andrew Wheadon <andrew@wipux2.wifo.uni-mannheim.de>
List: current-users
Date: 06/06/1997 02:07:48
> > I'm still not on -current, but I just noticed that ftp doesn't have respect
> > for the account expire (and password expire?) times in /etc/passwd.  Even
> > when an account has expired, ftpd will let the user log in.
> Funny you should mention this:
> popper doesn't recognize expired accounts, nor does RADIUS, nor much of anything
> that uses the libraries for interfaces into the passwd database.

Nor does it get supported when using YP since it's not kept in the
yp-passwd-db. So it's effectively useless for larger environments
where one would want to use it anyway.

Cheerio
	Andrew
--
The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity. (Mark Twain)
current	release=doc host=netbsd.wifo.uni-mannheim.de \ "NetBSD-current mirror"