Subject: Re: Cyclades
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@pa.dec.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/05/1997 22:33:31
> On Thu, Jun 05, 1997 at 11:26:05PM -0400, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
> > I have enabled the Cyclades board in the configuration file but it still
> > doesn't recognize it.  Does anyone have this working yet?
>
> Works fine in 1.2.  No experience of -current..  Who ported the driver to
> -current?

Drivers don't get "ported" to current, they just sort of float along
with the waves of changes.

As you know, at one point I did a bit of hacking on the Cyclades
driver in -current, to keep it moving forward with changes that wree
happening in the system at the time.  Unfortunately, you, the only
person I was aware of with a board, were unable to test them, because
you were using your board in a production system (if i recall
correctly).

There now appears to be somebody else with a board.  If that person
will send me detailed information about what's going on (e.g. dmesg
output, or a transcription of what the system is doing if it's
panic()ing), then i might be able to help.

cgd