Subject: Re: email SPAM
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/04/1997 12:07:44
codewarrior@daemon.org (Andrew Brown) writes:
> sorry to revive a somewhat dead thread, but i've been getting too much
> lately...

If you really want to get fancy, check out:

	http://www.harker.com/sendmail/anti-spam/check_mail.html

It appears to be an all-inclusive DB-based filtering system.  Here is
a  short excerpt:

    This check_mail ruleset accepts mail sent from this host or domain.
    This includes:
	    The local hostname, $w
	    The class of local hostnames, $=w
	    The local domain name, $m
	    The class of local domain names, $=m
	    The class of domains I masquerade, $=M

    This check_mail ruleset rejects mail on the following criteria:
	    Bad host or domain names based on DNS canonicalization of the name
	    Non-local addresses hidden behind our host or domain name
		    user%remote.dom@my.dom
	    Specific user addresses
	    Specific hostnames or domain names in the sender address
	    Specific IP addresses or networks in the SMTP client address
	    Specific hostnames or domain names in the SMTP client address

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang Rupprecht    <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>     http://www.wsrcc.com/
Sick of spam?  Check out all the crap we've gotten. http://www.wsrcc.com/spam/