Subject: Adaptec 1522 and -current snapshot from 3/24
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Laine Stump <laine@MorningStar.Com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/04/1997 10:42:16
I'm putting together a machine from a bunch of spare parts. Among those
parts is an old 5 inch Seagate SCSI drive and an Adaptec 1522
controller. When I boot the install diskette from the March 24 snapshot,
it recognizes the controller (at 0x340, irq 11) and disk, but hangs
immediately after printing out the disk info for sd0 (there is only one
device connected, and it does get all the numbers right); it hadn't
progressed after 10 minutes, and this behavior repeated multiple times.

I was doing this at home, and didn't have a set of 1.2 diskettes handy,
so I haven't checked if the behavior is the same when booting 1.2. I did
have a FreeBSD 2.2 install diskette, and it booted okay (which says just
about nothing...)

Is there a known problem with the aic driver in the March 24 snapshot?
If so, has it been fixed since then (ie, if I wait for the upcoming
snapshot, will my problems go away)?