Subject: Re: Style guide
To: Marc Horowitz <marc@cygnus.com>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@kuma.web.net>
List: current-users
Date: 06/04/1997 02:29:59
[ On , May 27, 1997 at 18:07:37 (-0400), Marc Horowitz wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: Style guide
>
> In any case, this is clearly a religious war.

Yup.  That's because ANSI-C is a *new* language that just looks a heck
of a lot like the C Unix was/is written in but has enough subtle
differences to trip up even the most astute programmer.

Given the general dislike of the GPL in NetBSD code, I wonder what would
happen if some other equally well ported and supported C compiler were
available.....  (Dreams never die! ;-)

>  I'd probably have more
> success convincing people to rewrite netbsd in Java :-)

Not likely!  ;-)

Now rewriting things in alef might be interesting though...

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 443-1734			VE3TCP			robohack!woods
Planix, Inc. <woods@planix.com>; Secrets Of The Weird <woods@weird.com>