Subject: Re: make kernel question
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/03/1997 13:18:54
Jukka Marin writes:
> Too bad.  I wish there were at least two NetBSD releases a year.

Yeah, I know. What we really need is to improve our release
engineering methodology so we can cut a release and get it through an
alpha/beta cycle within a few weeks.

HOWEVER, I will say this: the next release is likely to be worth
it. We'll have the bus_dma stuff fixed (which will fix bounce buffer
issues now and forever on all architectures), probably real PCMCIA
support, probably real ATAPI support, far improved VM, etc., etc.

Much of this stuff is coming to a head very, very soon.

> Please, think about releasing 1.3 soon... Please... ;)

Noted...

Perry