Subject: Re: Build System Changes Backed Out
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/31/1997 19:01:39
cjs@portal.ca (Curt Sampson) writes:
> I've backed out all of the changes I recently made to the build
> system (src/share/mk/* and various Makefiles throughout the tree).

Thats a shame.  My -current build took a few iterations to stabilize.
Two passes to build cleanly, and a third pass for me to be convinced
that all the new tools had been built with the new tools.

For example, krb4 and a very small handful of things didn't build the
first time, but they all built on the second pass.  While I did have
an "oh sh*t, I'm f*cked now" moment when things failed, a "make -k
build; make -k install ; make -k build; make -k install" did
eventually get things worked out by the second "make build" pass.

If this behaviour is documented, I don't think folks would panic...
Its a minor annoyance, but not unworkable.

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang Rupprecht    <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>     http://www.wsrcc.com/
Sick of spam?  Check out all the crap we've gotten. http://www.wsrcc.com/spam/