Subject: Re: Style guide
To: Ian Dall <Ian.Dall@dsto.defence.gov.au>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@cue.bc.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 05/27/1997 20:50:58
On May 28, 11:21am, Ian Dall wrote:
}
} Personally, I find the current style an impediment to
} contributing. Typically I develop using ANSI style function
} definitions and then have to make an extra effort to convert it to
} release it.

     I typically use K&R C, since it is more portable.  There are
still many machines without ANSI compilers which will probably never
be upgraded.  I have a uVAX 3000 running ULTRIX 4.1 for example.  This
machine probably won't get upgrade any time soon unless NetBSD can
support it reliably.  I've tried to put gcc on it, but the compile
failed, and I don't have time to try to fix it.

}-- End of excerpt from Ian Dall