Subject: Re: Style guide
To: joda@pdc.kth.se (Johan Danielsson), Scott Reynolds <scottr@Plexus.COM>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@cue.bc.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 05/27/1997 20:34:56
On May 28,  3:29am, Johan Danielsson wrote:
}
} Ok, if we leave the `I like X better than Y' discussion. I make the
} following (perhaps bold) statement: code written in `ANSI' C generally
} has higher quality than code written in K&R C.

     That is a very bold statement and complete crap!  Just because it
is old does not mean it is poorly written, similarly just because
something is new, does not mean it is well written (garbage can
written in any language using any programming methodolgy).  Besides,
lint does a better job of finding problems then any compiler I've ever
seen (including gcc).

}-- End of excerpt from Johan Danielsson