Subject: IP Filter in NetBSD-current
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Darren Reed <darrenr@cyber.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 05/26/1997 14:24:30
I've upgraded IP Filter in NetBSD-current from 3.2alpha3 to 3.2alpha7.  I'm
not sure if it will compile (yet) into -current, although it does on 1.1 on
my Amiga :)

Aside from the changes for IP Filter (see the HISTORY file), the method
for starting IP Filter when in the kernel was reverted to enable when the
driver is initialized.  When doing this, it will print out a message on
the console, saying what the default is for filtering packets.

On a side note, I've added bits for sysctl under FreeBSD (using their
OID_AUTO construct) and I'm interested if either NetBSD has similar facilities
(anyone thought about using sysctl for LKMs ?) or comments on how to add a
"net.inet.ipf" to sysctl for NetBSD.

darren