Subject: NFS
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mister Gandalf <mgandalf@Mentasm.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/20/1997 13:46:01
I just compiled the sources I downloaded last night at 3AM EDT and I hav=
e a
small problem with NFS. I have a couple machine I share a directory with=
=2E My
NFS server is the one with the new kernel and the rest have 1.2.1 instal=
led.
Prior to this kernel upgrade (using 1.2B before), NFS mounts worked grea=
t. Now
when I mount a directory mount returns no error and yet when I do a "df"=
 that
mount doesn't show up and an "ls" in that dir returns "Permission denied=
". I
am using the command: "mount -t nfs 204.186.29.34:/usr/local2 /mnt/menta=
sm". I
have also tried "mount=5Fnfs 204.186.29.34:/usr/local2 /mnt/mentasm" and=
 that
does the same thing.

Does anyone know what might be causing this?

-- Mark.

-*
Mark R. Buechler, Mentasm System Administrator
Mentasm Network Information Services (http://www.Mentasm.com)
System Administrator, The NET Group, Inc. (http://www.TheNETGroup.com)
System Administrator, Zipper.net Email Services (http://www.Zipper.net) =
-