Subject: Re: GNU licence question
To: Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>
From: Trevin Beattie <trevin@xmission.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/13/1997 06:04:53
At 09:21 AM 5/13/97 +0200, you wrote:

>Do I understand it right I must distribute my program under GNU licence
>if I use part of some other GNU program in it ?

Excerpt from the GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE:

  2. You may modify your copy or copies of the Program or any portion
of
it, thus forming a work based on the Program, and copy and
distribute such
modifications or work under the terms of Section 1
above, provided that you
also meet all of these conditions:

    a) You must cause the modified
files to carry prominent notices
    stating that you changed the files and
the date of any change.

    b) You must cause any work that you distribute
or publish, that in
    whole or in part contains or is derived from the
Program or any
    part thereof, to be licensed as a whole at no charge to
all third
    parties under the terms of this License.