Subject: make depend problems on 12 May sup?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rob Healey <rhealey@MR.Net>
List: current-users
Date: 05/12/1997 16:22:54
	I've been having some problems getting a sparc kernel to compile
	so I decided to start over from absolute scratch and nuked my
	entire tree and resupp'd. Did the install of the share/mk files,
	a make includes, that bombed in domestic, and then a make depend.

	I've now run in to another problem, the make depend on the new
	source tree bombs first in sbin/quotacheck with a:

cannot open .depend: no such file
*** Error code 2

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.

	I manually made a .depend file with touch but it didn't do a mkdep.

	It now is having the same problem in sbin/mount_* and elsewhere.

	Anybody know why the make depend is bombing in such a way?

		-Rob