Subject: Re: namei changes...
To: John F. Woods <jfw@jfwhome.funhouse.com>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 05/10/1997 19:28:51
On Sat, May 10, 1997 at 12:23:11PM -0400, John F. Woods wrote:

> Hmm, I thought 4.1.3 was before the grand unification, but apparently
> not.  It does, however, look like this is a "feature", since it's two
> votes to one.  That's what happens when you let junior programmers
> work on an operating system, and what happens when you let companies
> who let junior programmers work on an operating system work on a
> standard.  ;-)

AmigaOS works the "right" way:

Fast0: 17> copy bare ram:foo/
Can't open ram:foo/ for output - object not found

I liked this feature, too, because I always got a warning when the destination
directory did not exist.  I have goofed several times under NetBSD (copied a
bunch of files into what I thought was a directory but what ended being the
ladt file copied).

  -jm

--

                       1503 kHz @ 22:30 EET DST Mon-Fri