Subject: Re: NetBSD C library source and documentation in hypertext (HTML) format.
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@quick.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 05/10/1997 00:17:36
Wolfram Schneider writes:
>Tomi Ollila <too@ajk.tele.fi> writes:
>> Known problems:
>>
>>   Hypertext link generation does not check manual page numbers
>>   (i.e. sysctl(3) and sysctl(8) links points to the same page).
>>   this is easy to fix.

>BTW, the NetBSD manual pages are also available at
>http://www.de.freebsd.org/de/cgi/man.cgi?proto=1.0&manpath=netbsd

I very much like RosettaMan.  It does not handle -mandoc, but does a
good job on -man and of course the preformatted NetBSD pages, and it
gets all the xrefs right.

For example, try:

http://www.quick.com.au/cgi-bin/rtfm.pl?topic=SSLrshd

and of course

http://www.quick.com.au/cgi-bin/rtfm.pl?topic=rman

Note that the above server runs chrooted so has no access to my man
pages, but rtfm.pl caches the .html under the htdocs tree shared with
the internal server. Thus the chrooted server can only show man pages
that have been looked at locally.

--sjg