Subject: Re: Intel EtherExpress 100 / i82557
To: Matthias Drochner <drochner@zelux6.zel.kfa-juelich.de>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 05/09/1997 09:44:38
On Fri, 9 May 1997 12:17:24 +0200 (MET DST)
 Matthias Drochner <drochner@zelux6.zel.kfa-juelich.de> wrote:

 > 1. I found no support for this PCI chip in -current, so I
 >   ported the FreeBSD driver.
 >   It's working well - ttcp reports >6MB/s on a P133.
 >   If anybody has use for it, tell me.
 >   The driver is still at the level of march this year
 >    (without the ARP and media changes), but this
 >    should be easy to change.

I've ported it, as well, but have yet to be able to test it.  Would
you like to test a kernel for me?  (I had to completely change how
register access was done, so that it would have any hope of working
on the alpha... there are still some alignment issues to deal with,
but I spoke w/ David on the phone about them...)