Subject: Re: netatalk support
To: William O Ferry <WOFerry+@CMU.EDU>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@Plexus.COM>
List: current-users
Date: 05/08/1997 10:24:46
On Thu, 8 May 1997, William O Ferry wrote:

>     I remember noticing a while ago that netatalk files had been added
> in /src/sys, and verified that they're on my machine (sup'ed Monday).
> Is this just the kernel support necessary to compile the regular
> netatalk programs, or have they wound up in the /src tree too (if so,
> where)?  Is the netatalk complete, or is there still more to do?

With the changes made in the last week to if_llc.h, netatalk should work
on all 32-bit architectures, at least.  The bits in the tree are only
kernel support; you'll still need to get the userland daemons.  Go to
ftp.fugue.com and follow your nose to the netatalk 1.4 beta that was
modified for NetBSD, and ignore the kernel pieces... it should Just Work
once you have it compiled and installed.

--scott