Subject: Re: Many build failures...
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@solon.com>
From: Jonathan O'Brien <obrien@phoenix.sfsu.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 05/06/1997 18:20:34
On Tue, 6 May 1997, Peter Seebach wrote:

> On 68k, with new make, and new share/mk, I'm having weird failures
> of any build which depends on source not in the current directory.
>
> Am I missing something obvious?
>
> Example:
> 0:T:/usr/src/sbin/quotacheck
> $ make depend
> mkdep -a -I/usr/src/sbin/quotacheck/../fsck quotacheck.c /usr/src/sbin/quotacheck/../fsck/fsutil.c /usr/src/sbin/quotacheck/../fsck/preen.c
> 0:T:/usr/src/sbin/quotacheck
> $ make
> cc  -static -o quotacheck quotacheck.o fsutil.o preen.o
> cc: fsutil.o: No such file or directory
> cc: preen.o: No such file or directory
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> 1:T:/usr/src/sbin/quotacheck
> $
>
> Obviously, it's not finding or building from preen.c and fsutil.c.
>
> -s

These are do to the changes made to make on May 2, which according
to christos are a good thing in the long run.

The culprit is the .PATH target. It is including the specified paths
to the global path search list for all suffixes. You need to trim
down the target to be .PATH.suffix (ie. .PATH.c).

Jon