Subject: Re: Mail AutoResponder: here's the info you requested
To: Ronald Khoo <ronald@demon.net>
From: Hisashi T Fujinaka <htodd@fls.portland.or.us>
List: current-users
Date: 05/06/1997 13:32:05
On Tue, 6 May 1997, Ronald Khoo wrote:

> But that completely defeats the purpose of only permitting list members
> to post to the list, since anyone would be able to post to the
> newsgroup, and hence to the list.
>
> As it is, the newsgroups that carry netbsd lists tend to be unidirectional,
> so I tend to read in news, then reply to list.

Which is still possible: the fly-fishing mailing list that I am on
generates so much traffic that people have to go "NOMAIL" while on
business trips and vacations. I'm not sure if this mailing list supports
that feature but, if it does, you could subscribe and stay "NOMAIL" so you
could read via news and post via the list as a subscriber.

Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd@fls.portland.or.us - Fuji Landscape Service
BSEE (6/86) + BSChem (3/95) + BAEnglish (8/95) + $3.00 = mocha latte