Subject: Warnings and builds...
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@solon.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/05/1997 21:38:29
Would anyone object to the patches it would take to make -current
build cleanly with -Wformat?  I was having the inevitable "proc
size mismatch" (it appears my Sun3 kernel has fallen out of date
again), and I noticed that the code uses %d to print sizeof()...
Of course, there's no *good* answer in that case (You can't tell
whether sizeof()'s return should be %u or %lu), but I am fairly
confident that %d is "wrong".  (Arguably, we don't care unless
struct proc is expected to outgrow INT_MAX.)

So... Is this pointless nit-picking?  A good idea?

Feedback appreciated, especially from people on the platforms (alpha
comes to mind) where %d might actually be *wrong* for size_t, if
size_t were unsigned long...

-s