Subject: Re: Mail AutoResponder: here's the info you requested
To: Markus Illenseer <markus@core.de>
From: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 05/05/1997 12:14:44
On Mon, 5 May 1997, Markus Illenseer wrote:

>  This would also be usefull for other things: REAL closed mailinglists.
> Mails from anybody not subscribed to a list would not be able to
> write into the list - with the effect that you need to subscribe
> yourself several times for each account you are going to use to mail
> into the list.

Though we might need to go to closed lists, there's one problem I see with
them. If someone cross-posts a message to lists I'm on and ones I'm not
on, my reply can only go to the one(s) I'm on. We can get a real
disjointed thread this way.

A solution might be that if you're subscribed to ANY NetBSD mailing list,
you can post to all of them. You just get messages from the one(s) you're
on.

Take care,

Bill