Subject: Re: Mail AutoResponder: here's the info you requested
To: Ted Lemon <mellon@hoffman.vix.com>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@core.de>
List: current-users
Date: 05/05/1997 19:15:41
> It might be worthwhile to add a black-hole route for cyberpromo's
> network into *.netbsd.org.   They're already blackholed for me, but
> homeworld.com is connected through a provider that doesn't blackhole
> spammers.   :'(

 Another idea would be to use "petidomo" instead of "majordomo" and
additionally install "bigbrother". The author is a NetBSD-user
himself and might be persuaded to install it for us for free.
(http://www.bigbrother.com - unfortunately there is no info yet :-)

 This would also be usefull for other things: REAL closed mailinglists.
Mails from anybody not subscribed to a list would not be able to
write into the list - with the effect that you need to subscribe
yourself several times for each account you are going to use to mail
into the list.

 petidomo is by far faster, better, more configurable, less time
and RAM consuming than majodomo. It can even send mails simultanously
using its own mailer to several servers at once.

 Is that of any interest?

--
Markus Illenseer